Skip to main content

Crazy 6 Years with My Software Development Company

Today marks the 6th year since I incorporated my small company. Thanks to all of you for your wishes and for reminding me of this small, yet an important, milestone for numerous reasons.
I started working for myself in 2011 (about a decade and a half behind schedule but a start nevertheless) in the pursuit of a more important and lifelong dream. While I am still a long ways from it even now, I believe I have actually made some progress in the last year or so and for that, I am happy.

My company and I, and sometimes they mean the exact same thing if you know what I mean!, have been working on building a software product for a little while now and while it certainly doesn’t intend to or is capable of solving world hunger, it still has taken its own sweet time for  a variety of reasons, not the least of it being my inefficiency to manage it better. I shamelessly admit it. I’ve failed many a times over these years and it hasn’t been for the one reason that I actually thought might make it more challenging – the technical aspects. It has been just about everything else.
In any case, every failure created a learning opportunity and if you are a coder, you might agree with me that we tend to learn more from bugs and exceptions and errors than from features that magically end up working in the very first attempt or iteration. Several technology stacks and numerous feature changes later, I have a feeling I am now in the right direction at least to the extent I am able to foresee.







As I think about celebrating my company’s 6th anniversary and the little bit it has been able to accomplish over the years. It has been a remarkable journey despite the fact that I’ve only achieved about 20% of my goals and have a significant portion of it to go still! Regardless, I would like to thank all my clients (previous, current and future ones), and the recruiters who helped me find them, for keeping me employed over these years and thereby, helping me keep my dreams afloat. You make all the difference to my dreams & my pursuit of them.

While my heart desires that I quit everything else I am doing right now to focus all my energies solely on building my product, I realize I still have to wait a bit longer. However, I am closer than ever to taking the plunge and that very thought gives me goose pimples. Till that happens though, I will continue to rely on my clients to help me and my company stays afloat. I promise I’ll do the very best I can, as always, and will give you no less than the best bang for your buck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How does a total beginner start to learn machine learning if they have some knowledge of programming languages?

I work with people who write C/C++ programs that generate GBs of data, people who manage TBs of data distributed across giant databases, people who are top notch programmers in SQL, Python, R, and people who have setup an organization wide databases working with Hadoop, Sap, Business Intelligence etc. My inspiration to anyone and everyone would be following: Learn all the basics from Coursera, but if I really have to compare what you would get out of Coursera compared to the vastness of data science, let us say ~ Coursera is as good as eating a burrito at Chipotle Mexican Grill. You certainly can satiate yourself, and you have a few things to eat there. The pathway to value adding data science is really quite deep, and I consider it equivalent to a five star buffet offering 20 cuisines and some 500 different recipes. Coursera is certainly a good starting point, and one should certainly go over these courses, but I personally never paid any money to Coursera, and I could easily

Neural Networks vs. Deep Learning

What’s the difference between deep learning and a regular neural network? The simple answer is that deep learning is larger in scale. Before we get into what that means, let’s talk about how a neural network functions. To make sense of observational data (like photos or audio), neural networks pass data through interconnected layers of nodes. When information passes through a layer, each node in that layer performs simple operations on the data and selectively passes the results to other nodes.  Each subsequent layer focuses on a higher-level feature than the last, until the network creates an output. In between the input layer and the output layer are hidden layers. And here’s where users typically differentiate between neural nets and deep learning: A basic neural network might have one or two hidden layers, while a deep learning network might have dozens or even hundreds. For example, a simple  neural network with a few hidden layers can solve a  common classification problem

Machine Learning The Easy Way

We are running in the most quality period of human race. when you open some article about machine learning, you see dozens of detailed descriptions. The idea behind writing this blog is to get the knowledge about Machine learning across the world. Through this blog, ML provides potential solutions in all different domains and more, and is set to be a pillar of our future civilization.. I am providing a flow level understanding about various machine learning Types along with description. These should be sufficient to get your hands dirty. So what exactly is “machine learning” Machine Learning (ML) is coming into its own, It is playing a key role in a wide range of critical applications, such as data mining, natural language processing, image recognition, and expert systems. Machine Learning is all around us. Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Uber and many more companies are using machine learning. Generally there are four approaches in Machine Learning -: 1) Sup